Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Small Cap Biotech Pick

Normally I do not read the Motley Fool articles. They have way to many advertisments and they are always trying to sell you some subscription to the list of stocks that are going to make you rich. However, I read this one because it referenced a biotech stock that I have been holding for some time. I am not pumping this stock, just demonstrating how I operate. This stock is listed on the webpage below as one of the top 10 performing stocks of the past 52 weeks with market caps less than $5 billion. Actually, it is number ten. That still does not mean it will get FDA approval and be marketed or bought by big pharma. It is still under $3.00 a share and in today's market, like everything else it jumps or drops on any little news item. About a month ago it went up over $3.00, but after a week or so with little or no news it started dropping. Well it is on the rise again! I only speculate in biotec and small pharma because I am a biologist and I understand the processes of getting drugs through R&D, and to market. If I were a geologist I would probably speculate on oil and gas, but I am not, so I don't. Two good rules to follow: 1. buy what you know. 2. Do your own DD. I have never bought a stock just because someone told me it would do well. Anyway the link to the article is:
Here's Your Shot to Score Big

Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment